Monday, October 26, 2009

The falling leaves drift by my window The falling leaves of red and gold I see your lips, the summer kisses The sunburned hands I used to hold Since you went away the days grow long And soon I'll hear old winter's song But I miss you most of all, my darling When autumn leaves start to fall A great fall tune by Johnny Mercer and Joseph Kosma...the past 2 days have been lovely here with all the trees decked out in beautiful shades of gold and red and russet. I enjoyed a lovely walk by sparkling Lake Ontario this morning... Tonight is the monthly John McLeod and his Rex Hotel Orchestra, at the Rex natch, 9:30 ish....by the way if you aspire to be a benefactor to this great group they certainly could use a good fairy to help fund the recording of their CD...or was that sugar daddy? Diana Panton holds court at the Old Mill tonight with a sold out show...more jazz happenings to come. Photo from Wikipedia

No comments: