Saturday, October 31, 2009

Rodgers and Hart Songbook

So many great tunes so little time. I got to hear Denzal again...yay! He did a wonderful version of "I Didn't Know What Time it Was" and "My Heart Stood Still"..sigh, that man has the most honeyed set of pipes! Heather Bambrick - lovely "Where or When" and funny on "I Wish I were in Love Again". A heartbreaking number from organizer John Alcorn - "My Funny Valentine". The very talented Diana Braithwaite - "It Never Entered my Mind" and Chris Whitely - "Blue Moon"plus the Mark Eisenmann trio - with Steve Wallace on bass and John Sumner on drums AND fiery tap dancing to "The Lady is a Tramp" by David Cox. Love this concept - here's to another year... And now to make Granola from the "Candle Cafe Cookbook"...with my own variations of course...

No comments: