Monday, October 19, 2009

Pigs, Purple and Pedagogy

Pigs first. I see and hear the sad sounds of pigs going to a slaughterhouse in my neighbourhood at least once a week and so therefore I am asking if you would please go to PayPal and donate to hoofershaven@hotmail.com.
This pig rescue sanctuary has been lovingly operated by Ilona and Ellis Osborne. Sadly, Ellis passed away recently and Ilona is in need of our support spiritually and financially. Any amount you can give would be very much appreciated by all concerned. You can also check out Facebook for more information.
Thanks to Holly Larson, kind soul and activist extraordinaire for bringing this to my attention.
The purple is a new bag from Winners - synthetic of course. Purple and grey are my colours of choice this fall.
Pedagogy - check out the posting on "Jazzology" on the Jazz FM website - complete with my photo - self portrait. If anyone out there can do a nice photo cheap let me know..perhaps I can reciprocate in baked goods...
Wednesday at the Rex - 9:30 show - Klezmer music with our first "Jazzology" guest of the season, Ali Berkok.
Richard Underhill has a CD release tonight at Lula Lounge.

No comments: