Sunday, March 14, 2010

Dead Umbrellas

Everywhere. Including my own - I wonder what the fatalities were yesterday after the wind and rain....hundreds or thousands? Much more gentle today.

An interesting fact from the Nature Conservancy calendar - male Grizzly bears emerge from hibernation today....hmmm...just be careful - you never know they could be roaming Queen Street - where you would least expect it and they are HUNGRY!

This afternoon I am making a "mash-up" as the kids say of Minestrone recipes...smells good - used Ying Ying "bacon" onion, garlic, broth, carrots, celery, cabbage, tomatoes, zucchini - lima beans, peas, corn (all frozen) - green beans, kidney beans, pasta, basil, oregano, parsley.

Tomorrow night going to see Kate Rusby at Hugh's Room - very exciting. No jazz to report on my schedule as yet this week, but it will come, I know it.

No comments: