Sunday, March 21, 2010

Jazz Slacker

That is me this weekend anyway - well, other than hearing Dan Bodanis and his trio at Azure- Brian Dickinson sitting in on piano - great version of "Nica's Dream"  - I recommend the Invisible Lotus martini...delish.

I had hoped to see "The Damned United" in the building last night as I am becoming a Michael Sheen fan - he is such a chameleon - however, 3rd time this week rec staff has not planned ahead for the showing. "Adam" became "New Moon" and last night's movie some lame filler called "The Goal" - which I didn't even bother to stay for - I went across the street and rented "Lymelife" instead.

I am gathering energy, so not really slacking as I will be covering the Shawne Jackson event at Jazz FM, Bobby McFerrin on Friday and Kurt Rosenwinkel on Saturday - plus likely going to Tequila Bookworm for Adam Arruda's Monk themed event and to hear "Monsoon" at the Rex on Wednesday...

And now on to bios....

No comments: