Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fudgy and Hippy Dippy


Macaroon bars and crackers that is....left and right respectively. I have to say this is the first time I have tried making crackers and it was super easy.

Next time I will change it up add spices/herbs, different seeds...

Thanks again to "100 Best Vegan Baking Recipes" by Kris Holechek - best prize I have ever won. I can't wait to try making Devils' Food Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting - maybe closer to my birthday....

I am on a bit of a baking binge I confess - I was thinking of making a Lemon Poppyseed cake - but will save that for next week...

Today it is springlike, sunny and above zero. Got a haircut and colour at my fave salon Lush and Lavish on Ossington - by the wonderful Sarah. Using points next week for mani/pedi and facial....a goddess needs to be pampered.

Here is some interesting news from Sundar (apologies for being sucked into the Olympic vortex and not making it out to your gig at Chalkers - hope to see him soon).....

**Special Announcement**: Sundar's original composition Samsara has been picked as a finalist by judges that include McCoy Tyner, John Scofield, Steve Winwood, Tom Waits, John Mayer, Youssou N'Dour and many others in the Jazz Category of the International Songwriting Competition!! You can vote online once daily until Mar 31 for the Peoples' Choice award at:

**Go online to listen to Samsara and if it so moves you, to vote for Sundar

How great is that? Congratulations Sundar!

No comments: