Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Going Green

The colours are respectively on toes : Emerald City and fingers Delight. Thanks to the lovely and talented Carmen at Lush and Lavish Salon and Spa on Ossington.
They are having a cocktail party tonight with cupcakes and snacks and freebies like LoveFresh samples, Eminence and Kevin Murphy. Preparations were well underway when I was there this morning - bubbly co-owner Lynn was busy, busy, busy.

I recommend the prix fixe lunch at Pizzeria Libretto across the street - stellar service - by a server who bore a striking resemblance to a young Ralph Fiennes. For $15 - your choice of a beet or arugula salad or bruschetta, one of 3 pizzas, and dessert of either gelato or biscotti.  I chose the arugula salad, Margherita pizza and the gelato. Simple and scrumptious.

I don't know if you have heard of the website 1,000 amazing things - it's apparently very successful - and why not - life is all about the small pleasures. I was reflecting on this as I watched passersby out the window of Libretto and this morning at Jimmy's Coffee - my fave neighbourhood cafe. The servers were chatting about music and there is always a varied selection there, as I walked in - the tune was "Fox on the Run" - if memory serves me clearly by The Sweet - memories of my teens, followed by The Ramones - "Do you Wanna Dance"?  then Talking Heads and a couple of other patrons were reminded of their own high school days - I love these little happy making moments in the day - music truly is the universal language.  One more reason I love Chuck - last night's episode ended with Nina Simone's "Feeling Good".

3 comments:

Nancy Fenn said...

Are those your fingers and toes?

Ingrid said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ingrid said...

Very fun hue for Spring. Like the two different shades.