Friday, April 23, 2010

Lorraine's Art Opening at Reba's

Here is the artist herself with her boyfriend Jerry - all smiles at Reba's Cafe and Eatery in the Junction.

Lots of great artwork and a host of friends to come and celebrate - Crystal, Sam, Edie and Bob Wiseman - musician and former member of Blue Rodeo - just to name drop....

A couple of paintings I was particularly attracted to below. Lorraine Hughes is creating some more artwork with  a new direction as we speak.  I find her art very compelling - it draws you in and you find new elements each time you look....

This one fascinates me....I am a bad reporter but I think it's called "Tree on an Island"... and this one is possibly my favourite I remember admiring her work when I went to her place for readings and classes in tarot and other methods of tapping into my intuition - I learned so much...that doesn't begin to cover it... contact her at http://www.psychiclorraine.com/ to get a reading - she is a particularly gifted reader and healer.Reba's at 3289 Dundas St. West in the Junction is a cozy place - with a private back room and outdoor patio in the back. Arlene, the gracious owner has been in business 3 years and has been programming a variety of artists on the weekend for brunch - from jazz to bluegrass. I had a yummy and healthy veggie burger last night - lots of great options on the menu - homemade soups, chili and of course brunch items on the weekends.


This lovely creature is Reba - she is the sweetest most calm dog  - an old soul we agreed - with a very penetrating gaze that seems to know all your secrets.....www.RebasCafe.com
I was flying solo on my fundraising shift yesterday afternoon at Jazz FM - but was certainly appreciated by Larry Green who kept mentioning my name and telling people to call me....again, please call or go online and donate....www.jazz.fm or 1-800-811-2400. 

Tonight I am in for a special treat - out to the burbs for a fundraiser at which Dan Bodanis and a great band including Russ Little and Kira Callahan are performing - more tomorrow. Tomorrow night at Chalkers is the Don Thompson Quintet featuring young lions Eli Bennett and Jon Challoner. Sunday Ori Dagan is at Gate 403 for the 12 -3 brunch spot....

No comments: