Friday, April 9, 2010

Out and about

Tonight as usual, hangin at Azure with Dan and the band, pre birthday celebrations - I'm allowed to celebrate my birthday "month" as my friend Richard says. On Sunday I will visit Joe Mama's on King Street West where Coleman L Tinsley is sitting in with Nathan Hiltz's trio - from 7 p.m. onwards. Today is Colemans's (35th - on repeat) birthday so drop by and wish him a belated Happy Birthday - he just keeps getting younger.

Also this weekend: Brad Mehldau, of course, Shannon Gunn Quartet at Chalkers Pub, "The Commissioner's Daughter Returns" - interesting name that - features trombonist and "Jazzology" grad - Chris Butcher at Tequila Bookworm, Sunday April 11th at 9 p.m. Hmmm - that is going to be a busy night....

I should add we taped the last of the students for this season's "Jazzology" yesterday - that was William Mukuna from Mohawk, guitarist. Next week we start on the department heads from York, Mohawk, U of T and Humber...gentleman prepare your lists....

On Saturday I am signed up for David Wolfe's workshop - which is sold out!

No comments: